This is the FAQ page for Summit Sikkim. Please click here to read our Model United Nations FAQ.
- What is the duration of the registration process for The Summit?
The registration will take place in two online rounds. Please follow our Facebook page to stay updated about the dates and other details.
- What all deliverables do we receive after registering?
Registration fee includes food, accommodation and an id-card which ensures the participant gets free entry into all social nights. Winners get cash rewards and gift hampers.
- What kind of accommodation is available?
There is separate accommodation for girls and boys. Proper bedding would be made available to all the registered students.
- Is food included in the registration fee?
Yes, food is included in the registration amount. Apart from this, there are various eateries and canteens in and around the campus where food is available at ver affordable rates.
- Can I register, but not take accommodation?
Yes, but the registration amount remains unchanged in both the cases. It is advisable to avail the accommodation facility since there is no other mode of accommodation available in the campus during The Summit.
- For how long will the accommodation be provided?
Registrants will be provided accommodation for 4 days and 3 nights, i.e., from 7th April to 9th April.
- Is the payment for the Summit refundable?
Payment of any kind once made, cannot be refunded.
- How do I reach the SMIT?
Summit Sikkim takes place in the SMIT Majhitar campus in Sikkim, situated 82 km away from Siliguri (around three hours by road). The campus is situated 3 hours away from New Jalpaiguri railway station and Bagdogra Airport which are well-connected to all major cities of India. Also, public transport from the campus to the station is also easily available.
- Can two participants be from different colleges in the same delegation?
Yes. SMITMUN does not restrict cross participation from colleges in a delegation. You need to mention that in the registration form.
- Our college team shall be accompanied by a teacher who will be chaperoning us. What sort of accommodation can be provided to him/her?
There is on-campus guest houses where chaperones can be accommodated, subject to availability of rooms. It is advisable to book rooms in the guest houses well in advance, for they run the risk of being completely occupied during the time of the Summit. Alternatively, chaperones can also be provided accommodation with the students against the payment of the regular registration fee for the Summit. The organizing team is not responsible for the accommodation of the chaperones in guest house.
- Is there any provision for on-spot registration?
There is no on-spot registration.
- What should I do in case of loss of my id card during the Summit?
It is highly advisable to take care of your id card. The issue of another id card is upto the discretion of the organizing team. In case of the loss of id card, please report to the reception desk.
- What are the DONTs during the time of the Summit?
- No obscene clothing
- No consumption of Alcohol/Tobacco is allowed.
- No abusive substance is allowed
For futher queries, please contact us through this form.